Monday, March 14, 2011

Fulfilling A Request



Fellow blogger and 4CU member MelloMike requested that I post about my modified magazine rack's dual purpose so this post does just that. I'm not sure that he isn't about to "borrow" my idea or not but if so, go right ahead Mike.

Here's the back story. I typically sleep on the curbside of the trailer and wanted a way to watch DVD's in bed but still keep things looking vintage so I built a magazine rack just like the original one on the streetside but with a slight modification. It flips down so I can rest my small iBook on it. There is a 12 volt plug that is available for when we're boondocking and a 110 shore power plug when we're on the grid. I've put this shelf to good use on a couple of rainy afternoons and it works perfectly.

8 comments:

Mello Mike said...

It is a great idea, Brad. And looks great, too.

Another request. How about a closeup pic of the neat corner shelf you made, or was it two?

Mello Mike said...

It is a great idea, Brad. And it looks great, too.

Another request. How about a close up and brief instructions on how to make the small corner shelf above your bed, or was it two?

Brad Norgaard said...

That'll be next. I need to take a few pictures first.

Someday'59 said...

What a great idea!

Sugarfoot said...

Whoa, that is totally awesome! A perfectly creative solution. I love multitasking features!

Brad Norgaard said...

In the upright position, it'll even hold a magazine or two.

Penny's Streamin' Byam said...

Brad!
Wonderful use of space - well engineered. How would you design it if it were also a speaker?

Anonymous said...

This is so clever!