Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Am I Ever Slow



Finally, I took some time this morning to switch out the brown stovetop and oven door for the white ones I was 'gifted' from Frank. The white looks so much better and really lightens up the galley portion of the interior. The white looks more period correct for the late 50's as a number of the homes of the era had white appliances. Colors were being introduced on home appliances but I don't think muddy brown was an option. I don't know why it took me so long, other than trying to avoid our summer heat. I have no excuses as it only took 45 minutes and that's with cleaning every piece and re-attaching the state magnets. Thank you Frank for your generosity and Airstream spirit. It will come back to you in spades. If I can help you in any way, just give a shout. Now I need to get out camping.

2 comments:

Mello Mike said...

Wow, what an improvement! The white looks soooo much better. Definately has more of a 1950s period feel.

Brad Norgaard said...

Thanks Mike. I think so too.